Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Why This And Why Now?

Almost a year ago - for some unknown reason - I joined the Twitter community (@BostonBliss) and began documenting my life and experiences as they pertain to my sexuality and my sexual experiences. Sounds nice, right? Sounds somehow classier and more academic then just putting a picture of my boobs on the internet and talking about my sex life - which is exactly what I did.

Here's the thing though - I've never been particularity pithy and 140 characters is just never enough. I had an English teacher once who scrawled "pithy, pithy, pithy. BE PITHY" on every paper and every page I ever submitted to him. As much as I adore Twitter, 140 characters is just never quite enough for me to fully articulate any thought or impression. I'm wordy and proud! And here begins the birth of my desire to blog.

The 'why this' was an easy one, but the 'why now' goes quite a bit deeper than character limits. In a nutshell, I leave for vacation tomorrow, and when I do, I will be leaving RS behind for three agonizing weeks. Each year those few weeks seem a tad bit longer and just a pinch lonelier. But aside from the loneliness and similar feelings, the simple fact is that the next three weeks are the only three weeks of the year that I trudge through without either sex or masturbation (the joys of shared roomings, Oh, how I don't miss thee).

Each year I spend my holiday by the lake reading online erotica by the grace of my smart phone, and journaling and private letter-writing by moonlight. As romantic as pen to paper by moonlight is, by it's very nature it's an entirely private experience. This is great and remains part of my daily routine  as an important piece in my own self-care, but I've also realized that my sexuality need not be as private as I had previously held it. I want to open myself up and share my stories and thoughts and all the things that circulate through my own understanding of my sexuality.

... Or I'm doing this now because I'll be horny as fuck and will have no outlet for it - and it sure as hell can't be contained by 140 measly characters.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you on the blogging bandwagon - looking forward to hearing about your experiences and life. And yes, be pithy indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I've become so entrenched in blogs lately (especially yours!) that I figured I might as well give it a go and see how I like it. :)

      Delete