Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Understated Yet Elegant

Product: Striped Bustier Set
Manufacturer: Escante
Material: 90% Nylon, 10% Elastic
Comes With: Bustier, Thong, Hosiery

Cleaning: You'll want to hand wash this set in cold water and hang to dry. If necessary, you can iron in on the lowest setting.


When I’m buying lingerie online from a sex toy retailer, it’s a lot different then being able to walk up to an item in a shop, touch it, try it on, gawk at yourself for half an hour before having it wrapped up and getting out the door.

I wasn’t too sure what to expect when I ordered the stripped bustier, and I spent considerable time debating and mulling over the sizing. Let’s face it, that’s the biggest difficulty in shopping for any sort of clothing online – you can’t try it on, go bigger, go smaller, go anything. It is what it is, and it is yours.

While trying to decide what size to buy, I made up a little chart to help make that choice easier – here’s where I fall in relation to Escante’s sizing chart.

 
I ultimately chose to go for the small, even though my measurements fell twice into the medium category, and my hips were in the large category.

Why?

The most important feature of any lingerie (for me) is the bust. I have relatively small boobs, and while I love every inch of them, there’s nothing less sexy than a sagging unfilled cup. If my boobs don’t look good, you can bet your ass I’m not going to wear it. Honestly, I might just not put it on at all, and it will stay forever hidden at the bottom of my closet.

To say the least, I’m happy to find that the small fits me like a glove; no unsightly bulges or squeezing, and even if it’s a bit of a bitch to get off, well, it’s worth it while it’s on.

Which is my only issue with this bustier – I enjoy those that come with a zipper or a hook-release element. There’s nothing I enjoy less than having to squeeze lingerie over my head or down past my hips to get the darn thing off. No matter the shape, size, or type, I like lingerie that gives you that easy-off method. It’s a small negative, especially since its not a given for bustiers, but the few others I’ve had in the past have all had this feature, and it’s one I miss here.

When I finally got this little number on, I gave RS a sneek-peek in the early afternoon - a teaser of what was to come later that night. He was more than happy to turn that little peek into a very long gaze. The only thing he wasn’t too hot on was the colour, said it looked a little bland and boring on the hanger. But once it was on, he said I looked like “a high-end stripper” – his words not mine. There’s definitely nothing that feels cheap about this set – I had the urge to curl my hair, paint my nails, and find the right jewelry to accent the ensemble. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun getting ready for bed.

Despite RS’ initial reaction to the colour, I personally love the neutral tones and the shimmering stripes –  it complements my summer tan quite nicely actually. Perhaps once winter comes I’ll be ready to dye the set a deep hue and give it new life.

Overall, this stripped bustier set is a great addition to my lingerie collection, and even after wearing it a couple of times the novelty of it just hasn’t worn off, and I don’t suspect it will anytime soon.


FAITHFULLY YOURS,





product picture
Bustier by Escante
Material: Nylon / Elastic
This product was provided free of charge to the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment